Taking an Extended Break UPDATE

Due to the full ligament tear in my right wrist I require surgery.  I’ve been able to work through the pain up until now.  It’s become too much for me, which saying quite a bit.  Until further notice I won’t be making anything new.  I’ll continue hand-quilting Space Lanterns on days where the pain isn’t overwhelming.

Right now I’m saving money for the surgery.  I have information regarding this here and here.  To help acquire the necessary funds more quickly I’ve created a coupon code for my Etsy shop.

Use coupon code AUTUMNRUSH2016 for 25% off a purchase of $30 or more.  It expires December 1st, 2016.

My insurance will cover 80% of the surgery costs.  That leaves 20% for me to pay out-of-pocket.  I’m disabled and my husband doesn’t make enough for us to save and pay our bills.  We’ve only recently gotten caught up on our bills, which has been a great relief.  It’s been a hard summer with all my other medical bills, as well as replacing our brakes and tires on the car.

Hopefully the coupon code will encourage people to purchase my work before the year is over.  I was hoping to have the surgery before the new year began, but it’s not looking so good right now.

Feel free to share this information and pass on the code.

UPDATE: I have an appointment to meet with the surgeon on October 14th.  We’ll be going over the details of the surgery and figure out when to schedule it.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s