How This Works:
- Tell me what your budget is (can be anything from $5 to $5000)
- I tell you what I can make within that budget
- After going over details for the commission you pay 50% upfront
- I make the commission
- When finished I list it on my shop and charge only the other 50% + shipping
- Once I receive the payment I ship it off to you
- If you decide after I’ve begun/finished the commission you can no longer afford it I will keep the 50% upfront payment. The item will still be listed in my shop at 50% of the agreed cost.
- The budget does not include shipping. Keep that in mind. If your budget is only $5, and that includes shipping, it’s going to be a no. Shipping in the US generally starts at $3 for small lightweight parcels.
- If you wish to commission me for more than one item assume you’ll need to have at least a $15 budget prior to shipping.
Specifically for Jewelry
- I need you to provide links to three pieces I’ve made that you favor most
- What you like best about them
- Color preferences
- Length of the finished piece
- I also need to know if you’re allergic to metal (I specialize in making metal-free jewelry)
Items already listed in my shop are unavailable for this event. The link to my shop is at the top of this journal post.
Check out the links below to get a feel for my style. I don’t always make brightly colored things; they’re just a personal preference. If you want dark colors I can definitely do that.
If you decide you want a surprise
- I’ll need your budget
- What you love and what you cannot tolerate (colors, designs, texture, etc)
- General size (be it a quilt or jewelry)
- I may also need to write up a simple contract stating you want a surprise and want to see what I can do
- 50% payment upfront (as stated above) and the rest of the payment when I list the item in my shop
- If you, for whatever reason, don’t care what I make for you so long as I make something please let me know
- You are either completely mad or you know I’ll make something fabulous
My jewelry gallery can be seen here
My quilt gallery can be seen here
The event runs from now to December 31, 2018. Seeing as the holidays are coming up now is a good time to get a head-start on commissions. One-of-a-kind gifts are a wonderful things to receive, even if it’s just for yourself.
If you’re serious about hiring me for a commission please send me an email at email@example.com with the title PWYW. .
Examples of my work in no particular order
For something of this size and grandeur expect to pay no less than $1000 USD. If you want this quilt specifically I have it available in my shop.
This is a set of six coasters. If you want just a single coaster it won’t be from this set because this is already listed. However, individual coasters will start at $5 USD.
If you’d like a quilt using this design but in a different size the price will vary. This specific quilt is listed at $250 USD.
This was made using a technique called “foundation paper piecing”. It’s more labor intensive, yes, but the results are well worth it. If you want a mat of this design it starts at $35 USD.
I strongly recommend reading the information I have in the description. For something like this it starts at $35. This piece in particular is valued at $65.
A completely metal-free necklace! It’s a simple design and the price starts at $25. The design is simple but it uses a lot of cord length.
One of my chunky necklaces! This is a flexible design allowing for all sorts of custom changes from what you see here. It starts at $45 USD if using only one color, no beads, and no pendant.